Chocolate Romance Cake Recipe
The title of this cake says it all – this is the perfect Valentine’s Day treat for that special someone in your life. This deep chocolate cake is moist, delicious and will please any chocolate lover.
Cooking Time: 35 min
- 2 cups cake flour or 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons powdered buttermilk
- 9 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 or 3 8-inch layer pans or 1 9x12x2 cake pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Blend in mayonnaise, eggs, vanilla and 1/2 of sour cream. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed with mixer or 300 strokes by hand. Add remaining sour cream and beat 2 minutes longer. Pour into pans.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on rack a few minutes before removing from pan.
- When completely cool, frost cake.
8 ounces cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 box confectioners sugar
A dash or two of cinnamon (optional)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
Cream butter and cream cheese together until fluffy, gradually add dry ingredients one at a time until all are well blended. Add vanilla and blend well.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know. I’d love to hear how you like it!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Clicking costs you nothing, but helps to support Mommy and We. Thank you!